Globus for iRODS
Globus for iRODS allows researchers to access data from iRODS via Globus for efficient data movement.
Data remains safely managed and virtualized by iRODS while being accessible and shared with the outside world. All you need is access to a web browser to initiate data sharing and transfers with the reliability and performance Globus is known for.
Why Globus for iRODS?
- Create data transfer nodes at the edge for easy data ingress and egress
- Share data efficiently for research collaboration
- Publish data for reference by journal articles or scientific publications
- Share data using any email address—no need to create or look up user accounts
- Efficient third party transfer—move and share files from any internet connection
- Single, intuitive interface—use and manage with the UI you already know
- Streamlined installation/configuration—get up and running in minutes
- APIs for automation and integration—add iRODS to your research portal, science gateway, data commons or other web application
Globus for iRODS Connector
The Integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS) is open source data management software used by research, commercial, and governmental organizations worldwide across industries as diverse as oil and gas, life sciences, physical sciences, archives and records management, and media and entertainment.