Webinar: Introduction to Globus: Research Data Management Software at the ALCF
Globus is software-as-a-service for research data management and provides high-speed, secure file transfer, and file sharing directly from existing stage systems. Developed and operated by the University of Chicago, Globus has become a preferred service for moving and sharing data between and among a wide variety of storage systems at research labs, campus computing resources, and national facilities like the ALCF. In this session, you will learn about the features of the Globus service, and how to use it to streamline your research data flows. The webinar will help you answer these questions:
- What Globus resources are available at the ALCF?
- How can Globus help me overcome the challenges I face in moving increasingly "big" datasets?
- How can I use Globus to automate my research workflows?
- How can I share data with collaborators at other institutions more efficiently?
- How can I use Globus to more easily leverage large-scale computing resources, both on campus and beyond?
The presentation is aimed at those new to Globus, but attendees with prior Globus experience may also benefit by learning about new and planned features.