Globus Connect Server v4 will be deprecated July 31, 2023
January 26, 2023 | Brigitte Raumann
We closed out 2022 by releasing support for migration of all Globus Connect Server version 4 deployment configurations. Today we are announcing that Globus Connect Server version 4 will be deprecated on July 31, 2023. Thereafter, support will be limited to security patches only. All support for Globus Connect Server version 4 will be discontinued at the end of 2023.
For those of you who have not yet migrated your Globus Connect Server version 4 deployment to version 5, we urge you to migrate now. We provide tooling that automates the migration process and ensures continuity of access for all users. Globus Connect Server version 5 represents a major evolutionary step in the Globus Connect Server architecture and has been the choice for all new Globus deployments since 2020. Here are a few of the new capabilities and enhancements Globus Connect Server version 5 offers to administrators, users, and developers.
- Secure management of protected data, such as higher levels of authentication assurance and audit logs.
- New connectors to support multi-cloud environments using storage offerings from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Box.
- Convenient, immediate access to data using HTTPS.
- Support for multiple storage types with the same DTN pool and automatic backup and synchronization across DTNs.
- OAuth based access management architecture for better programmatic integration.
Because there are several notable differences between Globus Connect Server versions 4 and 5, applications that access Globus Connect Server version 4 will need to be updated to support version 5.
Our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org is eager to answer your migration questions or to provide migration guidance for your particular deployment configuration.
Not yet a subscriber, and want to try some of our premium features in Globus Connect Server version 5? Sign up for a FREE 90-day trial subscription here.